View Profile Phantom

All 227 Movie Reviews

32 w/ Responses

Close to awesome, but no cigar just yet

Definitely an interesting flash. You found a nice, original way of expressing an opinion that wasn't too biased in any direction. Visually speaking it was smooth and for the most part nice although it looked a little pixilated in the close-up scene the way I saw it. The subtitles were a nice touch as well. Speaking as the owner of a Motorola Droid myself, I liked that it was included in the flash, perhaps an update to the flash can also show iPad's family. Not in a consumerist way but just to even things out, sort of equal counterpart that you could possibly spin into follow ups, like adding the iPhone and iPod nano as the children and the Shuffle could be an infant representation. I just think that it would make for a nice touch to a neat film.

And if you don't mind, and you don't because this isn't a live conversation, I'll score your work the old fashion NG way.

Graphics: Decent flash versions of the devices, the hands and legs could use some work, but more in the lines of finishing touches than serious overhaul. I did find the eyes for example a little pixilated and iPad's eyebrow seems to clash with the glossy stripe it's made over, maybe that could be sorted out.

Style: Nicely done with added bodies to the devices, although as I mentioned, their actual look could be done better, and I would have been more impressed if iPad's dock connecter were to dangle all the way to the back of the device, even while he's hitting Xoom.

Sound: While I respect this is a one-man operation, there's a chance that having two voices actors and a slightly smoother microphone would have improved this film.

Violence: One proper smack to the Xoom and some frightening verbal threats afterwards. The fact you resorted to device based sodomy would give my therapist a lot of ideas.

Interactivity: Basic and ultimately complete. On such a short film it would be a wasted of time to bother with scene select and seek, You could enhance your viewers by getting a couple people to give you translated versions of the subtitles, it could attract viewers from other places as well and since you already have subs it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Humor: While subjective to one opinion it's still funny and doesn't really alienate fans of the Xoom for example. I'd enjoy an alternate scene in which the iPad is about to hit the Xoom but the Xoom turns on a flash from Newgrounds for example and memorizes the iPad to tears. Just a suggestion.

Originality: Not the first creation of this type of seen, but there aren't that many that touch the subject this way as it is, so originality is accomplished.
Effort: Garden variety. It's good, but as I suggested, if you choose to enlarge the project a little, there's so much more to be done with it.

Overall: Pretty cool, I like it and I'm pleased to have been one of the people to save this submission. You get 9 out of 10 stars for a job well done but one star removed for not going that extra mile.

DAGamesOfficial responds:

..... Wow that was a very in depth review! :3 I'm so proud of my cartoon :,) lol. As I said, it was only a small thing, did it in 4 hours on a college day. Tbh I could have done a lot more, but the script went alright by it's own standards. I'd just love to see how people react to this, I'm interested more in how they react, either offended, excited or in the middle, it's all really interesting :)

Anyway, thanks for the review, really helped a lot with the next flash :)

Innovative.

Well let me just say I really enjoyed this flash, it was very well done. The idea was very suggestive of envy rather than sacrifice for art, the artist saw the artwork named 'artist's shit' and decided he wants to top it, or at least that's how the scene is portrayed.

The animation was very good; it was realistic but had touches that didn't seem perfect. Although for a flash it was entirely acceptable, in fact if you're even interested in making a flash with a deeper story line, I write short stories that always seem to be a great foundation to flash movies or even real ones.

The music was nice, a bit bizarre but it did work out nicely for the flash. The sounds were pretty good, the gun shot sounded authentic enough to me.

Style was very unique; I will say this is original. I liked nothing more than seeing the artist place himself exactly in-front of the canvas and then fire away, the only question remaining who exactly makes the profit from hanging that piece there.

Violence is considerable but then again, all artists are in some way or another a bit wacky, the more, the better they are.

This is a short so I don't feel it REALLY requires some interactive touches like quality control or pause, but it would always be nice to add them on any sort of movie. Although the lack of such things didn't harm the movie, this time.

It has a light dash of humor, one can't help but giggle at the innovation that is, 'artist's shit'.

And overall, good work, no bad comments, but it also isn't what I'd call top 50 material. Continue on the good work.

P.S: Again, if you ever want a good idea for a flash, contact me.

Much better than the last.

Many things to say about this submission, but I’ll start with what did bother me about this episode. I have never seen this series before and it didn’t have any comments about the pervious episodes or directions to them, one would have to traverse the series all by himself to find out why they are in some desolate castle and are being attacked by some freakish stick vampires. There was no pause option either which made viewing a bit annoying if you actually wanted to stop. Scene select was nice but didn’t have an option to go back to it during the movie. Since there are obviously enough voice actors and voices alone, I think adding a short verbal description of the series and previous episodes is well needed. I understand creating a pause option would cause problems with the sounds, but it can be done if the option exists, then it should be done. Now that the criticism is over, I can move on to the better parts, which thankfully there are enough to redeem this movie of the few flaws it does have. Visually speaking it is very dark and gloomy and it uses the wide stick figures as characters, a simple working method of copying people. Lots of blood too and you can’t go wrong with blood. Style was very nice, much action or in this episode, actually a bit too gory for some people to have in one episode but you did well and it was an action packed and interesting episode. The voices were very well spoken but the Dr.’s accent was a bit off, but still acceptable. Music was nice and didn’t overshadow the voices or distract from any part of the movie. As far as interactivity I’m a bit disappointed because of the lack of seek, pause or quality control during the movie. However this time had much nicer stuff on the extras. The only thing was the scene select which can only be used in the main menu acceptable before or after viewing the movie. It needs more work in that area. Humor was absent in my opinion because it just isn’t meant to be a comedy by what any one can see, it is a gory and fun action flash. Overall it is indeed a terrific episode and great series. Needs a bit of work in interactivity.

Moving on to the plain and simple statistics:

Graphics: 8, A dark environment and a lot of visible work on how the environment looked, it did lag a bit and wasn’t the fastest flash though. Good way of doing it, in the last episode it felt too boring, this time it had the real spice of action..

Style: 9, An imaginative series but as far as this episode goes, it’s in decent length, interesting and manages to actually get to the point and create interest. Conversation is thin and uninteresting. The one part it was meant to sound angry and panicked...It didn’t. A witty/sarcastic remark would do.

Sound: 8, voices are relatively close to each other but can still be separated. Accents were a bit off. Music however fitted just fine, work a little more on voices and accents. Nice effects with the weapons and vampires.

Violence: 8, Incredible. All that blood, gun fire, melee. It was a bloody explosion that was for some reason denied of us last episode. This time I loved it, lots of gore and blood to go around. Though I would suggest at least a little action in each episode, or it would get boring, like the last one.

Interactivity: 6, Menu had artwork extras (awesome ones by the way) and scene select, scene select was a bit pointless but other things like a seek or pause button during the movie would be helpful. Extras however were a nice touch, but I would like to suggest you lead them to pictures inside the actual swf rather than link it to where it was posted online. It would make things easier won’t it?

Humor: 0, This flash was meant mostly as an action series, not a comedy one. So no one here is surprised. Even though I personally liked the killing of the guard so ferociously torn apart.

Overall: 7, Great movie, despite what it may come off in this review, I only with to help you improve on what you lack, and right now what you lack, at least in this episode is more developed controls. Very enjoyable series, keep the series going.

Interesting and random as ever.

As the last film you made and I reviewed, this is very typical only to your style, which is plain randomness combined with odd and interesting ideas. Visually the drawings as well as the animation are at a very high level, very well done and clear. A way you usually use which uses and interesting form of playing with shadows and silhouettes. Good attention to all the details and so on. The style was as you tend to do at least from what I’ve seen. A master piece made with randomness, innovative characters and plot outlines that borderline insanity. Extremely creative work and very imaginative, as always. Speaking of the sounds, the music was a bit thin but still heard and did fit pretty well. But the voices, now that was incredible. That serine tone they are all in and how well they perform the part with good speed and steady progress. Violence was a tad obvious but nothing too blunt or anything like that. Mostly things those are ok as long as there isn’t a kid around. As far as interactivity goes, I was a bit disappointed. The amount of control given in a movie should be one that depends on the movie’s length. A short movie can do with a play/replay button and be done with it. A movie of these lengths should have more, much more. It is a more quality film and thus needs more control, like a pause button, a little button for quality and maybe a scene select. I understand it is more a technicality than the usual creative side you are better at. But it is still needed, especially in a movie such as this. And even more so, a seek would be nice as well, of course it is then harder to mange the sounds and all, but without it, it is harder to handle if you miss a small part you wanted to see. Not the best judgment...In humor, this movie was as most of yours are, funny in its own way. Like the whining of the victim with the tube in his head and the doctor convincing him he isn’t complaining. Or how simply the shrinking idea worked. The movie was very diverse as you always have done; it is original like nothing else on this earth and must have taken a great deal of effort. In general it is wonderful but really needs touches on the Interactivity. Now for the detailed look on each part:

Graphics: 9, Very well animated. Good use of light and shadow as you tend to in your films, I really do find inspiration in it for my own sketches. Animation was smooth and fluent as ever, brilliant as always and most importantly, it kept me interested all through out the film.

Style: 9, At this point I’d say that it deserves the “David Firth” style award. As his own Wikipedia page suggests, this film, as most are abstract and do not have a set story line, and admirable quality. And this was of course pretty random, abstract and nightmarish. Good work.

Sound: 10, Naturally it is professional and very clear. Of course using the English voices with that clear accent. Voices were well done and fitted and were synched nicely with the animation, which pretty much sums is it all up, it was without a single flaw.

Violence: 7, Of course there was some violence, what would you call poking a fat guy then drilling into him? But when compared to other movies it was very little and not drastic. Just above average.

Interactivity: 5, One of the few things I was not impressed with. A movie maker of your proportions should make a movie with more modern time tools. You make longer flash movies and it is about time you try and fit the tools with the level of the flash. By that I mean more possible tools, like subtitles, a pause option, a seek or scene select. One of these has to become more common in longer movies by now. At the very least a pause option.

Humor: 8, Pretty funny movie overall, interesting sense of humor that I’d say only you really have. Just little hints of humor in different location. My personal favorite scene in particular was the one where the Doctor plays the audio tape of him saying he is alright when actually he is in misery.

Overall: 9, practically perfect flash entry but lacks a bit with interactivity. My suggestions are listed above.

Honestly, dreadful voices.

I have taken the appropriate time to watch the entire series that you made and quite honestly I must say I was actually a bit disappointed. In many flash makers you see improvement from each movie they make, a new technique, better voice acting. You however remain drifting in the same level of animating skill and voice acting which I found disappoint, now agreed, I have not made any flash worthy of submitting, but I have been judging flash successfully for over 2 years and I should know the difference. Now, visually the series progressed very little from first. It still has that simplistic way of drawing and animating, the drawing isn’t bad when it’s still but the animation usually only makes it worse, not a lot above average in my opinion. Same goes with style, just another attempt at comedy, one I find a bit boring. It just isn’t so funny, I mean, even the “Oye” as the guy gets kicked out of the house just isn’t right. It’s all wrong in essence. And the voices, I’m sorry to burst the bubble but it needs much work. The microphone just feels cheap and the voices lack clarity. Not only clarity but character, it just isn’t right for the voice of a small child to be that of a grown man. Get a new voice for it or improve your own. It just so horrible my ears bled. Violence was odd as well some how, the spanking? It is just getting too weird and less funny if you ask me. Interactivity was actually the one thing better than what I had anticipated. You had subtitles which made it nicer mostly because voices were nearly unbearable. I understand you were awarded for this flash but I also don’t understand how so. Yes, it’s not bad but I would have never figured it would a slow enough day, and a medium well flash would win an award. However I still believe it’s nothing to be excited because of since it just disappointed me. In humor it was no success either, for some reason or another I just didn’t find it funny it all, like a sunken ship if anything. And overall it just not that good. It’s average, absolutely average and it must have been a slow day for you to win. But I will suggest some things for you to improve and maybe earn that award again and even more. Biggest problems to me, voices and animation, improve those and it will be much better. Now for the detailed explanation:

Graphics: 7, drawings weren’t awful but I suspect your animation needs some improving. You need to learn a bit on proportions and while the comic book style isn’t bad you might consider improving it as well a bit, you know, it couldn’t hurt now could it.

Style: 7, the simple style of comedy. Even though I hate calling it that as it’s not the least bit funny. Yes, you did try to make something, and to make it funny, but it just isn’t. If there is anything that will help you improve this is the voices and animation. The voices being the worst.

Sound: 5, The voices were no good if you ask me, they all sounded quite similar and blurry. The clarity level of the voices was pretty bad. What you need is distinguishing voices that will not sound alike, not to even mention the main character has the voice of some small child.

Violence: 4, Violence does exist here but is poorly done. All I could see in this one was the whip, but that was both weird, badly drawn and boring to be considered violent. Needs much more work.

Interactivity: 6, It did have subtitles which is good considering that the voices are pretty annoying to listen to. But what I believe it needs is not a seek, or a pause button. What this flash needs is a mute button.

Humor: 5, It wasn’t the least bit funny in my opinion. It was boring and didn’t manage to maintain my interest, much less cause me to laugh or really enjoy it. Needs a lot of work to improve. Put in some real jokes instead of this dull and failing physical comedy. Make a remark, make a come back to it, any thing as long as you remove the dreadful boredom.

Overall: 6, now you’ve heard all I have to say and you probably hate me, but that doesn’t matter, because one way or another, it’s due time you improve man. Good luck next time.

Snubby responds:

Woah I looked at your reviews and they are all this long. Dang! Thanks for the review (or should I call it an essay?), as I'm making DL5 I'm realizing how not-so-great this one was (though I still think its good). Thanks.

Quite hilarious.

A very funny description of the holiday, and even though I’m a bit late on reviewing this, and actually don’t celebrate it, it tells the story in a humorous way no matter where you are from and what you do celebrate, which is greatly appreciated. Now, visually this is marvelous, easy on the eyes and much more. Simple not over detailed animation and drawings hat suited that state of mind of comedy and a relieved feeling of holiday cheer. The models of the action figures were proportionate and more detailed as they should be, it was interesting all the way through it despite the fact it had nothing except for a plain play button. I can’t really comment on the style except say it presents some holiday cheer with a mixture of comedy. Something I truly like. Voices were very well done, I enjoyed the clarity of it and how they differed from one another to make it seem all the more professional. As for interactivity I’d hate to complain but nowadays a plain play button just doesn’t cut it anymore, not for flash of this length. What you need to do is to install yourself a seek option. That, a menu, quality controls, pause button, volume control, subtitles. All these little nothings are in fact quite important to make the viewer all the more content with your work. It doesn’t matter these are almost all options we will never use; having them is what’s important for us, to know we can activate or use these things. It’s like a safety rope, a safety rope doesn’t mean you can’t climb a mountain or walk a wire, it just means you are prepared for the fact that you may fall. Cheesy metaphor but I think it’s suitable for this time. As for humor, it is a funny flash with lots of little things to get a grin on one’s face. The little Indian, the pilgrim characters, race cars, wheelbarrows and so on. If there is one field this flash is a complete success, its humor. It must have taken plenty of effort to make even though a couple touches in interactivity area, but it was diverse and original enough to keep it from ever being boring and one sided. And in an overall perspective, great job, perfect in a couple things, and some minor flaws on others, no major problems.

Now as I’m so accustomed to do, I’ll specify my views on each of the options separately:

Graphics: 9, Drawings were simple but direct and didn’t effect the enjoyment of the film. Animation was simple but effective. Some parts more detailed than others but it all evens out it quickly, nice work.

Style: 8, If I had to define this beyond the collections of funny cartoons and holiday I would have to say it is a comic parody of thanksgiving, and that is absolutely original in my opinion.

Sound: 9, voices were clear for the most part and the conversation could be easily heard though in some piece near the end as the Indian action figure says something I didn’t quite get it first time off. Maybe to change the speed of speech would help a bit, the rest I kept with but as I mentioned before, if this movie had subtitles or a seek for a little rewind it would have been better in this form.

Violence: 1, Most violent, the “Football game”. Not for the weak ones. <_<

Interactivity: 4, Just as I nagged you before, some additions would have been welcome. Subtitles, to understand what they are saying if your speakers broke, or you want to keep it quiet for whatever reason. Helpful. Seek/Scene select would be nice if I wanted to just see once little scene of the flash one more time, even though it’s a bit short any how. Quality control. For whatever poor sap is watching with a lousy pc.

Humor: 9, The flash’s area of expertise, funny all they way, including the original flash and deleted scene. Funny conversations and demonstration in graphics. Funny idea in general and funny performance of it. Good work.

Overall: 9, An enticing piece of work wit h good animation, good drawings of characters, good comic parody style, clear and pleasant voices, not violent, needs a bit work on interactivity and buttons, funny on so many levels, and generally good. I'd declare this flash as Thanksgiving worthy.

Far from bad, but could use a few touches.

There more than a few things to say about this submission, but I’ll start with what did bother me about this episode. I have never seen this series before and it didn’t have any comments about the pervious episodes or directions to them, one would have to traverse the series all by himself to find out why they are flying into some old empty desolate castle. There was no pause option either which made viewing a bit annoying if you actually wanted to stop. Scene select was nice but didn’t have an option to go to it during the movie. Since there are obviously enough voice actors and voices alone, I think adding a short verbal description of the series and previous episodes is well needed. I understand creating a pause option would interfere with the sounds, but it can be done if the option exists, then it should be done. Now that the criticism is out of the way, I can move on to the better parts, which thankfully there are enough to redeem this movie of the flaws it does have. Visually speaking it is very dark and gloomy and it uses the wide stick figures as characters, a simple working method of copying people. Style was very nice, not so much action or anything in this episode, actually a bit dull for one episode but you can’t make it all great. The voices were very well spoken but the Dr.’s accent was a bit off, but still acceptable. Music was nice and didn’t overshadow the voices or distract from any part of the movie. As far as interactivity I’m a bit disappointed because of the lack of seek, pause or quality control during the movie. The only thing was the scene select which can only be used in the main menu acceptable before or after viewing the movie. It needs more work in that area. Humor was absent in my opinion because even the few cracks in the beginning of the episode were just not enough, I’m not saying it has to be a comedy, but it just felt tedious. Overall it is indeed a nice episode and great series in interactivity.

Moving on to a pure way of putting stats and wasting room:

Graphics: 8, A dark environment and complete lack of desire to show any one’s face and facial features. Admirable way of doing it but making dark for too long causes some slack as far as interest goes. If I can’t see the character’s face, it’s harder to distinguish or to sympathize with. I can’t relate to a character I can hardly see. This diminishes interest. And as well as you are doing with this, more detailed work on that would attract much more people.

Style: 9, An imaginative series but as far as this episode goes, it’s short, clunky and fails to actually get to the point and create interest. Firstly, conversation is thin and uninteresting. A witty/sarcastic remark would do. A bit more action briefly, a bit more suspense in entering the alter room and so on would really help it.

Violence: 5, Nothing serious, exploding door, people with guns they don’t use, as I mentioned, dull.

Interactivity: 6, Menu had artwork extras and scene select, scene select was a bit pointless but other things like a seek or pause button during the movie would be helpful. Extras however were a nice touch, but I would like to suggest you lead them to pictures inside the actual swf rather than link it to where it was posted online. It would make things easier won’t it?

Humor: 0, 50 bucks to whoever finds a worthy joke in this episode. Now yes, not all genres of flash need humor, but yours just isn’t fascinating enough not to need it, so a wise crack would boost your image. Any silly joke that will be enough to keep our eyes on the screen. Some one vomiting off the helicopter, an indoor trap that kills in gruesome ways, anything to create a slight spark of interest.

Overall: 7, Good movie, despite what it might come off in this review, I only with to help you improve on what you lack, and right now what you lack, at least in this episode is to spark and maintain interest.

Sam Raimi copyrights? :-P

The resemblance to other things here is seen mostly in two things: The creation vs. creator battle using the Flash options and tools like in "Animator vs. Animation". But the way it was done just reminded me of the movie "Army of darkness" so much... I believe you saw it as well because there is a scene filled with miniature versions of the hero who attack him. I think the movie is great and I'd love to make suggestions but I simply have none for this because for it's genre it's flawless in my view. Good job, and if you ever make a flash directly based on "Army of darkness", let me know.

AlmightyHans responds:

actually no, i didnt see army of darkness. though i am a fan of this zombie type movies, i love the movie BRAIN DEAD (Dead Alive) but i kinda imagined this to be more of a Gulliver's Travels thing... the animation vs. animator, yea i can see how people find the similarities but no matter how fake it sounds i was actually already animating the guy jump into my face when i saw that toon in the portal XD seriouse.

I’m a bit late, about 3 years late, but why not…Aw

Well I’d like to first explain myself and why I chose to review this and now. This movie is one of the very few in NG that has the word love in the title, and it’s about that theme. This flash, despite being much more popular about 3 years maintained good graphics even for today’s standards and the same deep meaning it had back then. It was a movie with some message to put out, no matter how it was expressed, it was. I am no one to give any one, much less you advice on self improvement, so I’ll just critic… Visually speaking it was the same style you followed all these years, a cartoon like, simple form of drawing and animation, and yet so life like mostly in the form of movement. The plot was most interesting for me because of its realistic value. The point that Wink (who is a great character) was willing to do just about to anything to please whoever she was, but when it came down to doing those things, not only did he not hesitate, but he out ran more obstacles than most people would for anything. This is merely a flash, but its impact on human values is inescapable. The sounds were that of the music in the background and the sound effects of things in the movie, for example, Wink. I thought it was more than I could as for and it’s all the movie could possibly need. The stealth like music was terrific to me. Violence was as discrete and kept to a minimum as I had ever seen, Just a strangled guard and on knocked out by a poll really... So that’s nothing too much, if anything it should be a required standard to have at least 2 injured in every movie. I liked the whole idea of clicking things for outfits on the loader, by myself I only found 4 but that’s beside the point. The play button was all that was needed really since the movie is short and there is no need for any fancy additions on it, this is one of those cases where things stay best when they are simple. It was of course funny. Not in a manner of laughing my ass off at every second, but more of a good grin by the flash’s meaning especially at the end. The bit of Wink banging his head against the ground as he sees she finds the flower sufficient did bring a grin to me. In general there is nothing to add to this even though it’s been a good 3 years since. I’d say keep it up, but you already did…

Moving on now to the statistics and ongoing waste of review space. I guess this is why so many of those blasted 2 line reviewers find mine “un helpful”, because I actually make valid points and take the time to make them. Eh, screw em’.

Graphics: 8, Sure, it’s gotten old by now, but it’s a historical piece none the less. The drawings and animation have remained solid and of high quality from then and till now.

Style: 9, As I said before, the plot is a great one, I really like the theme and what it meant. It’s likely you didn’t even think of it this when you made it, but is it that it meant that no matter how much we think we must do to impress another, it’s really only the thought that counts?

Sound: 7, great stealth like music through out the whole movie, excluding the bits of the action beat. That and the sounds of Wink’s…“voice” made it fit in very well. Considering you made all of the above sounds I can only compliment a job well done.

Violence: 6, For the average gory movie it was mild to say the least. No descriptions of violent acts per say but merely the suggestion of them.

Interactivity: 7, A dress up game at the loader screen that of course has a few hidden parts in it that can be found through out the movie and I found it was all the movie needed. On a movie like this there is just an overall feel that all it really needs is to keep it simple, and it successfully did.

Humor: 9, A couple funny bits made for a slight comic relief. It wasn’t much but it was there. The part where Wink is busted and has to run is supposed to be funny but since we are all focused on thinking what’s he going to do next, we don’t notice the comic value of it. The flower joke on the other being at the end caught our attention.

Overall: 10, Great job, all the rest is noted above.

Hilarious movie.

I’ll start by congratulating you on the daily award which you rightfully earned. And now to proceed to the actual movie, the writing was quite funny. It wasn’t sophisticated or anything but it didn’t have to be because we like superficial pointless violence and humor and as Stamper said so wisely once, cock jokes. The animation and drawings were quite good. Nothing too incredible but visibly good. It wasn’t spectacular but definitely good enough to get the point out without damaging the film’s quality. The animation was also good on its own. The comic style was very good in my opinion. The jokes were funny and the little remarks on the walls and what not were only adding to it like Easter eggs. I enjoyed the “blue is good” one and the “Penis & the other thing”. As for the sounds, it was good but I must say I felt too much static myself while hearing it. Most voices were very good but the static that was heard in the background was a bit intruding. The pointless violence was helpful. The beaten wife that was beaten to a pulp and claimed to have fallen is great, but not as great as the huge father of the small kid who shoved the alien that phone, or the surgeon who ended up replacing the beaten wife, under rifle threats of course. It was original. After all excluding the smurfs I’ve never seen anything with a theme of only blue people. And I bet the smurfs weren’t as violent. What’s not so original is the idea of those smurfs living in suburban areas, but that’s ok. The movie was quite diverse, several happening and developing at the same time and place. The effort is seen to be great. What I do suggest you add is in the interactivity field. I’d suggest several things, including a seek, mostly because this is a pretty long film and the possibility to stop, rewind, fast forward and play are vital for such length. The movies the Super Flash Bros make is not much longer and they provide with all of those because with a movie that long there is really a problem if you missed a part and want to see it again. The quality can be changed manually but it would be gracious to provide with that option yourself. If not the more complicated seek to help ease some things like missed scenes or just wanting to see one part again, then at lease a scene select, and sub titles. But overall, it’s a great movie and I congratulate you for a job well done.

After that general overview we move on the more pure, more annoying and more pointless statistics:

Graphics: 9, The animation and visuals were all above average, I’d say the level of the flash is great, it could be improved, so could anything, but in this case it’s not necessary.

Style: 10 Just a violent random and funny flash There is a plot, but for once, it’s not a long epic legendary plot but a simple one that’s fun to watch.

Sound: 9 The voices and the writing were both very good but I would say there is some static in the background when they talk which bothers a bit to the whole thing. Though that could be fixed quite easily.

Violence: 9, Some people will call it brutal pointless violence, and what we like about it, as that they are right.

Interactivity: 5, I saw a play and replay button. But that just doesn’t seem like enough. A scene selection or better yet a seek with the options of any media player would come in very handy. So would a quality button and sub titles, there are all not a must, but they will sure be of great help to some. Like a quality button would be helpful to those with the worse computer or a work computer…It’s understandable you don’t have to add any of these options although I think they would bring improvement to any movie. If the sound division is the problem. I’ll direct you once more to what the Super Flash Bros did which was dividing the sound into bits and playing them one at a time. This makes stop and play buttons and synching a bit less accurate, but it’s better than watching half a movie all over again just to see a part you wanted to see and missed.

Humor: 10, Well done and funny writing and animation.

Overall: 10, Minor improvment needed...

piccolo32 responds:

Thanks for the detailed review I agree it should have had a seek option, but I was incredibly lazy after all the problems I had making it work. I will place one on the next one and maybe chapter selections as well. Again thanks for the review.

"After all is said and done, more is said than done". - Aesop.

phantom Ghost @Phantom