iPad VS Motorola Xoom iPad VS Motorola Xoom

Close to awesome, but no cigar just yet

Definitely an interesting flash. You found a nice, original way of expressing an opinion that wasn't too biased in any direction. Visually speaking it was smooth and for the most part nice although it looked a little pixilated in the close-up scene the way I saw it. The subtitles were a nice touch as well. Speaking as the owner of a Motorola Droid myself, I liked that it was included in the flash, perhaps an update to the flash can also show iPad's family. Not in a consumerist way but just to even things out, sort of equal counterpart that you could possibly spin into follow ups, like adding the iPhone and iPod nano as the children and the Shuffle could be an infant representation. I just think that it would make for a nice touch to a neat film.

And if you don't mind, and you don't because this isn't a live conversation, I'll score your work the old fashion NG way.

Graphics: Decent flash versions of the devices, the hands and legs could use some work, but more in the lines of finishing touches than serious overhaul. I did find the eyes for example a little pixilated and iPad's eyebrow seems to clash with the glossy stripe it's made over, maybe that could be sorted out.

Style: Nicely done with added bodies to the devices, although as I mentioned, their actual look could be done better, and I would have been more impressed if iPad's dock connecter were to dangle all the way to the back of the device, even while he's hitting Xoom.

Sound: While I respect this is a one-man operation, there's a chance that having two voices actors and a slightly smoother microphone would have improved this film.

Violence: One proper smack to the Xoom and some frightening verbal threats afterwards. The fact you resorted to device based sodomy would give my therapist a lot of ideas.

Interactivity: Basic and ultimately complete. On such a short film it would be a wasted of time to bother with scene select and seek, You could enhance your viewers by getting a couple people to give you translated versions of the subtitles, it could attract viewers from other places as well and since you already have subs it shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

Humor: While subjective to one opinion it's still funny and doesn't really alienate fans of the Xoom for example. I'd enjoy an alternate scene in which the iPad is about to hit the Xoom but the Xoom turns on a flash from Newgrounds for example and memorizes the iPad to tears. Just a suggestion.

Originality: Not the first creation of this type of seen, but there aren't that many that touch the subject this way as it is, so originality is accomplished.
Effort: Garden variety. It's good, but as I suggested, if you choose to enlarge the project a little, there's so much more to be done with it.

Overall: Pretty cool, I like it and I'm pleased to have been one of the people to save this submission. You get 9 out of 10 stars for a job well done but one star removed for not going that extra mile.

diamond-armada responds:

..... Wow that was a very in depth review! :3 I'm so proud of my cartoon :,) lol. As I said, it was only a small thing, did it in 4 hours on a college day. Tbh I could have done a lot more, but the script went alright by it's own standards. I'd just love to see how people react to this, I'm interested more in how they react, either offended, excited or in the middle, it's all really interesting :)

Anyway, thanks for the review, really helped a lot with the next flash :)

GOTHCLAWZ GOTHCLAWZ

Awful.

New review restrictions prohibit me from being mean about this review and get away with it, but it is still 'bad'. And that is because what you did, is take a couple frames of madness characters along with exceptionally loud music, and made it a swf. file. Personally, I think the only it got through the portal is because of unfair play. Further more, constant tracking has shown you most likely get other people to vote up your movies, which are all in fact, sub par.

I sincerely hope this is removed somehow. An offensive reply will be replied to over other media forms.

Conal responds:

Its art.
& if this is really a problem for you then stop coming back to it, there's much worse movies than this on Newgrounds.

Your the sought of person who will be on a computer everyday & vote on some movie because you want to be annoying.

Your are a faggot & a troll.

A Canvas And A Struggle A Canvas And A Struggle

Innovative.

Well let me just say I really enjoyed this flash, it was very well done. The idea was very suggestive of envy rather than sacrifice for art, the artist saw the artwork named 'artist's shit' and decided he wants to top it, or at least that's how the scene is portrayed.

The animation was very good; it was realistic but had touches that didn't seem perfect. Although for a flash it was entirely acceptable, in fact if you're even interested in making a flash with a deeper story line, I write short stories that always seem to be a great foundation to flash movies or even real ones.

The music was nice, a bit bizarre but it did work out nicely for the flash. The sounds were pretty good, the gun shot sounded authentic enough to me.

Style was very unique; I will say this is original. I liked nothing more than seeing the artist place himself exactly in-front of the canvas and then fire away, the only question remaining who exactly makes the profit from hanging that piece there.

Violence is considerable but then again, all artists are in some way or another a bit wacky, the more, the better they are.

This is a short so I don't feel it REALLY requires some interactive touches like quality control or pause, but it would always be nice to add them on any sort of movie. Although the lack of such things didn't harm the movie, this time.

It has a light dash of humor, one can't help but giggle at the innovation that is, 'artist's shit'.

And overall, good work, no bad comments, but it also isn't what I'd call top 50 material. Continue on the good work.

P.S: Again, if you ever want a good idea for a flash, contact me.

Castle III part C Castle III part C

Much better than the last.

Many things to say about this submission, but I’ll start with what did bother me about this episode. I have never seen this series before and it didn’t have any comments about the pervious episodes or directions to them, one would have to traverse the series all by himself to find out why they are in some desolate castle and are being attacked by some freakish stick vampires. There was no pause option either which made viewing a bit annoying if you actually wanted to stop. Scene select was nice but didn’t have an option to go back to it during the movie. Since there are obviously enough voice actors and voices alone, I think adding a short verbal description of the series and previous episodes is well needed. I understand creating a pause option would cause problems with the sounds, but it can be done if the option exists, then it should be done. Now that the criticism is over, I can move on to the better parts, which thankfully there are enough to redeem this movie of the few flaws it does have. Visually speaking it is very dark and gloomy and it uses the wide stick figures as characters, a simple working method of copying people. Lots of blood too and you can’t go wrong with blood. Style was very nice, much action or in this episode, actually a bit too gory for some people to have in one episode but you did well and it was an action packed and interesting episode. The voices were very well spoken but the Dr.’s accent was a bit off, but still acceptable. Music was nice and didn’t overshadow the voices or distract from any part of the movie. As far as interactivity I’m a bit disappointed because of the lack of seek, pause or quality control during the movie. However this time had much nicer stuff on the extras. The only thing was the scene select which can only be used in the main menu acceptable before or after viewing the movie. It needs more work in that area. Humor was absent in my opinion because it just isn’t meant to be a comedy by what any one can see, it is a gory and fun action flash. Overall it is indeed a terrific episode and great series. Needs a bit of work in interactivity.

Moving on to the plain and simple statistics:

Graphics: 8, A dark environment and a lot of visible work on how the environment looked, it did lag a bit and wasn’t the fastest flash though. Good way of doing it, in the last episode it felt too boring, this time it had the real spice of action..

Style: 9, An imaginative series but as far as this episode goes, it’s in decent length, interesting and manages to actually get to the point and create interest. Conversation is thin and uninteresting. The one part it was meant to sound angry and panicked...It didn’t. A witty/sarcastic remark would do.

Sound: 8, voices are relatively close to each other but can still be separated. Accents were a bit off. Music however fitted just fine, work a little more on voices and accents. Nice effects with the weapons and vampires.

Violence: 8, Incredible. All that blood, gun fire, melee. It was a bloody explosion that was for some reason denied of us last episode. This time I loved it, lots of gore and blood to go around. Though I would suggest at least a little action in each episode, or it would get boring, like the last one.

Interactivity: 6, Menu had artwork extras (awesome ones by the way) and scene select, scene select was a bit pointless but other things like a seek or pause button during the movie would be helpful. Extras however were a nice touch, but I would like to suggest you lead them to pictures inside the actual swf rather than link it to where it was posted online. It would make things easier won’t it?

Humor: 0, This flash was meant mostly as an action series, not a comedy one. So no one here is surprised. Even though I personally liked the killing of the guard so ferociously torn apart.

Overall: 7, Great movie, despite what it may come off in this review, I only with to help you improve on what you lack, and right now what you lack, at least in this episode is more developed controls. Very enjoyable series, keep the series going.

Socklops Socklops

Interesting and random as ever.

As the last film you made and I reviewed, this is very typical only to your style, which is plain randomness combined with odd and interesting ideas. Visually the drawings as well as the animation are at a very high level, very well done and clear. A way you usually use which uses and interesting form of playing with shadows and silhouettes. Good attention to all the details and so on. The style was as you tend to do at least from what I’ve seen. A master piece made with randomness, innovative characters and plot outlines that borderline insanity. Extremely creative work and very imaginative, as always. Speaking of the sounds, the music was a bit thin but still heard and did fit pretty well. But the voices, now that was incredible. That serine tone they are all in and how well they perform the part with good speed and steady progress. Violence was a tad obvious but nothing too blunt or anything like that. Mostly things those are ok as long as there isn’t a kid around. As far as interactivity goes, I was a bit disappointed. The amount of control given in a movie should be one that depends on the movie’s length. A short movie can do with a play/replay button and be done with it. A movie of these lengths should have more, much more. It is a more quality film and thus needs more control, like a pause button, a little button for quality and maybe a scene select. I understand it is more a technicality than the usual creative side you are better at. But it is still needed, especially in a movie such as this. And even more so, a seek would be nice as well, of course it is then harder to mange the sounds and all, but without it, it is harder to handle if you miss a small part you wanted to see. Not the best judgment...In humor, this movie was as most of yours are, funny in its own way. Like the whining of the victim with the tube in his head and the doctor convincing him he isn’t complaining. Or how simply the shrinking idea worked. The movie was very diverse as you always have done; it is original like nothing else on this earth and must have taken a great deal of effort. In general it is wonderful but really needs touches on the Interactivity. Now for the detailed look on each part:

Graphics: 9, Very well animated. Good use of light and shadow as you tend to in your films, I really do find inspiration in it for my own sketches. Animation was smooth and fluent as ever, brilliant as always and most importantly, it kept me interested all through out the film.

Style: 9, At this point I’d say that it deserves the “David Firth” style award. As his own Wikipedia page suggests, this film, as most are abstract and do not have a set story line, and admirable quality. And this was of course pretty random, abstract and nightmarish. Good work.

Sound: 10, Naturally it is professional and very clear. Of course using the English voices with that clear accent. Voices were well done and fitted and were synched nicely with the animation, which pretty much sums is it all up, it was without a single flaw.

Violence: 7, Of course there was some violence, what would you call poking a fat guy then drilling into him? But when compared to other movies it was very little and not drastic. Just above average.

Interactivity: 5, One of the few things I was not impressed with. A movie maker of your proportions should make a movie with more modern time tools. You make longer flash movies and it is about time you try and fit the tools with the level of the flash. By that I mean more possible tools, like subtitles, a pause option, a seek or scene select. One of these has to become more common in longer movies by now. At the very least a pause option.

Humor: 8, Pretty funny movie overall, interesting sense of humor that I’d say only you really have. Just little hints of humor in different location. My personal favorite scene in particular was the one where the Doctor plays the audio tape of him saying he is alright when actually he is in misery.

Overall: 9, practically perfect flash entry but lacks a bit with interactivity. My suggestions are listed above.

We Are NativeAmericanCats We Are NativeAmericanCats

New and innovative idea.

I’ll start by saying it’s a very nice movie to watch and enjoy, it has a topic most people pay little attention to, it has a real message, real situations and still a humorous way to say it. A deep message in light words you might say. Visually it was beautiful, drawings were magnificent and well detailed, and everything really fitted. The home backgrounds, surroundings, everything and whether it was or not, it still didn’t feel like it was copied from anything. The animation was also great, the motions, the knowledge of how far to go. When I began sketching and drawing people and the likes, they always said, “If you can’t draw hands that well, don’t know your limits.” I’m not saying you couldn’t, maybe you just couldn’t be bothered with it but knowing one’s limits is always good. If I had to define it, I don’t think I’d so as a documentary even though you humorously did so, it’s one of those stories that do have a moral at the end of them; it also has a nice sense of comedy to it. It’s pretty much dealing with issues in the funny way of doing so, and I like that. As far as anything in audio goes, the voices were incredible, perfect clarity, and in what they did say, flawlessly articulate. The background music in some places was suiting. It was nice, easy and complemented the flash. It sure contributed to this being the great flash that it is; it had it all, graphics, contents and good audio. In the term of violence you specify mild violence, which it sort of was, it wasn’t exaggerated and violent all through out it, just the beating of the co-worker near the end (a well deserved beating I might add) and the baseball bat frenzy after it, all understandable considering the previous situation. As far as interactivity and control goes I did have a bit of problems with that since all it did have is the play and replay button. I think it did need a bit more there, watching through it the first time around I missed a small part and naturally had to reply to see it again, what I think you may need is anything starting with a simple pause option (That would be a bit of trouble with the audio, but it could be done and it would make it much simpler), a scene selection just to view some part again (Baseball bat frenzy) or a seek to do all of that at one and more. In humor, it did really well. The whole idea has a great touch of humor to it, the cat nip, full time job, cats in the first place. It just really worked out nicely. I don’t know about others but I found it very diverse and interesting. It was easy to enjoy and simply fun to watch even a dozen times. It was original to me because I had never seen anything quite like it before, by any one ever. And of the course all that effort is appreciated. And in general I’d say it’s a great movie with minor touches that might help it, but the rest is great. And now more blabbing but with paragraphing.

Graphics: 10, Incredible drawings, smooth and fluent animation and excellent lip synching. In the lack of a better word, perfect.

Style: 9, Of course it had a clear style of comedy but it also managed to touch some more important topics, very valuable.

Sound: 10, Perfect voice acting with astounding clarity and very nice and fitting background music. It improved the whole flash. Not a single detectable flaw with the sounds in any way or form, keep it up.

Violence: 5, just a bit on the beating and bat scenes but other than that there is technically the “verbal violence” but that’s just a technicality, well done any way.

Interactivity: 6, It was a very good movie but it need some work in that part. I would be nice if I missed a part, I don’t have to just watch it all over again. For this you could choose either a pause button, a seek or just scene select during the flash and in a menu.

Humor: 10, A very funny and humorous flash, Made an interesting and deep point, in funny and easy means. Very nice, interesting and humorous to watch in my opinion

Overall: 10, Considering all I said above, no reason why not to give this a high score and watch it. Great movie, waiting for future work.

Duck Luck Episode #4 Duck Luck Episode #4

Honestly, dreadful voices.

I have taken the appropriate time to watch the entire series that you made and quite honestly I must say I was actually a bit disappointed. In many flash makers you see improvement from each movie they make, a new technique, better voice acting. You however remain drifting in the same level of animating skill and voice acting which I found disappoint, now agreed, I have not made any flash worthy of submitting, but I have been judging flash successfully for over 2 years and I should know the difference. Now, visually the series progressed very little from first. It still has that simplistic way of drawing and animating, the drawing isn’t bad when it’s still but the animation usually only makes it worse, not a lot above average in my opinion. Same goes with style, just another attempt at comedy, one I find a bit boring. It just isn’t so funny, I mean, even the “Oye” as the guy gets kicked out of the house just isn’t right. It’s all wrong in essence. And the voices, I’m sorry to burst the bubble but it needs much work. The microphone just feels cheap and the voices lack clarity. Not only clarity but character, it just isn’t right for the voice of a small child to be that of a grown man. Get a new voice for it or improve your own. It just so horrible my ears bled. Violence was odd as well some how, the spanking? It is just getting too weird and less funny if you ask me. Interactivity was actually the one thing better than what I had anticipated. You had subtitles which made it nicer mostly because voices were nearly unbearable. I understand you were awarded for this flash but I also don’t understand how so. Yes, it’s not bad but I would have never figured it would a slow enough day, and a medium well flash would win an award. However I still believe it’s nothing to be excited because of since it just disappointed me. In humor it was no success either, for some reason or another I just didn’t find it funny it all, like a sunken ship if anything. And overall it just not that good. It’s average, absolutely average and it must have been a slow day for you to win. But I will suggest some things for you to improve and maybe earn that award again and even more. Biggest problems to me, voices and animation, improve those and it will be much better. Now for the detailed explanation:

Graphics: 7, drawings weren’t awful but I suspect your animation needs some improving. You need to learn a bit on proportions and while the comic book style isn’t bad you might consider improving it as well a bit, you know, it couldn’t hurt now could it.

Style: 7, the simple style of comedy. Even though I hate calling it that as it’s not the least bit funny. Yes, you did try to make something, and to make it funny, but it just isn’t. If there is anything that will help you improve this is the voices and animation. The voices being the worst.

Sound: 5, The voices were no good if you ask me, they all sounded quite similar and blurry. The clarity level of the voices was pretty bad. What you need is distinguishing voices that will not sound alike, not to even mention the main character has the voice of some small child.

Violence: 4, Violence does exist here but is poorly done. All I could see in this one was the whip, but that was both weird, badly drawn and boring to be considered violent. Needs much more work.

Interactivity: 6, It did have subtitles which is good considering that the voices are pretty annoying to listen to. But what I believe it needs is not a seek, or a pause button. What this flash needs is a mute button.

Humor: 5, It wasn’t the least bit funny in my opinion. It was boring and didn’t manage to maintain my interest, much less cause me to laugh or really enjoy it. Needs a lot of work to improve. Put in some real jokes instead of this dull and failing physical comedy. Make a remark, make a come back to it, any thing as long as you remove the dreadful boredom.

Overall: 6, now you’ve heard all I have to say and you probably hate me, but that doesn’t matter, because one way or another, it’s due time you improve man. Good luck next time.

Snubby responds:

Woah I looked at your reviews and they are all this long. Dang! Thanks for the review (or should I call it an essay?), as I'm making DL5 I'm realizing how not-so-great this one was (though I still think its good). Thanks.

All NG Fads Die!!! 4.2!!! All NG Fads Die!!! 4.2!!!

Go AFD...

Yet another good AFD turn out, I for one have always been some sort of a fan of it, you just have to like its blunt way of parody over absolutely every fad Newgrounds has ever cared to like and I just have to say I loved the jail interview at the end, now that was humor. Alright, enough joking around. Visually this one is as stunning as all. Understandable that all depends on the various artists but I think they did well this time around and everything was pretty much to my liking. Now just a bit of effort not to become a jackass reviewer...The style of it was as all of the series, pure, blunt and simple chaos with some general theme. Music was very fitting and fast. Usually this would be the point where I would suggest a seek option, but with respect to the artistic nature in all of us, I think a song like that only actually fits the flash if it is undisturbed in any way. I’m not sure I even dare to talk of violence considering how much there was of it. There was everything violence could represent starting verbal and ending with shooting, blowing up, chopping off, and so on. So while this all may seem pretty violent, in actuality it is just an expression of their emotions, violently. As far as interactivity goes I’m satisfied, sure it may seem at first only having a play button is a bit not enough, but in here is another factor. The action factor, when you are watching a movie that’s purely action you just can’t walk out in the middle and you love it no matter what’s playing. Not to mention stopping the song suddenly would make it loose all of its flare. So this is one case where I say, the simple play button is enough, even though I did enjoy the interview later. As far as humor goes, excellence. Every part of it is made funny enough to just keep watching. From the text to actual movie, it keeps you funny all way through no matter what. Every part you watch will bring a grin to your face, and that is...Value. now, in general what I can say about the sum of this movie is that is was absolutely beautiful, keep up the good work. And now a more detailed spectrum of my opinions.

Graphics: 9, this of course varies from each artist, and even though some were more distinct than others they still all usually kept a steady pace with each other. The one I noticed a bit more was numbers. So congratulations to numbers who caught my attention at least for the short duration of the flash..

Style: 8, I think that by now that the series has been established I can say it is a classic AFD style, which in fact means chaotic, random collaboration of every one who wants some fad/popular character dead. And personally, it has quickly grown to be one of my favorite styles, don’t stop it now.

Sound: 9, I believe some of the flashes had sound but the overwhelming pounding of Slipknot is heard in the background, now granted, I was never much of their fan, they yell a bit too much in my taste, but they are still popular and very rapid in pace making them ideal for this sort of flash.

Violence: 8, A funny topic to come to, considering the icon to the entire movie is a missile, but nonetheless, it’s a very violent, and very funny flash, by being violent. Shooting Pico down, chopping off heads off of foamy. It was all extremely violent, but then again, I suppose you like it that way.

Interactivity: 4, Usually I would suggest more options to control the movie like a seek or pause option, but I thought that considering the nature of the movie that it does not need it. And despite all few buttons, few options it remained a great flash movie, but for the slim interactivity, it must have a lower score.

Humor: 9, The biggest field this movie applies to, making people laugh and have fun and enjoy themselves. Personally I believe you’ve accomplished that goal fairly easily.

Overall: 9, So overall we have a flash featuring a staggering number of other people and their work, all mentioned briefly I guess. A violent and funny atmosphere and little control. But I love it and will continue to enjoy the series and all I can say to you is to do the same.

CU-Thanksgiving Special CU-Thanksgiving Special

Quite hilarious.

A very funny description of the holiday, and even though I’m a bit late on reviewing this, and actually don’t celebrate it, it tells the story in a humorous way no matter where you are from and what you do celebrate, which is greatly appreciated. Now, visually this is marvelous, easy on the eyes and much more. Simple not over detailed animation and drawings hat suited that state of mind of comedy and a relieved feeling of holiday cheer. The models of the action figures were proportionate and more detailed as they should be, it was interesting all the way through it despite the fact it had nothing except for a plain play button. I can’t really comment on the style except say it presents some holiday cheer with a mixture of comedy. Something I truly like. Voices were very well done, I enjoyed the clarity of it and how they differed from one another to make it seem all the more professional. As for interactivity I’d hate to complain but nowadays a plain play button just doesn’t cut it anymore, not for flash of this length. What you need to do is to install yourself a seek option. That, a menu, quality controls, pause button, volume control, subtitles. All these little nothings are in fact quite important to make the viewer all the more content with your work. It doesn’t matter these are almost all options we will never use; having them is what’s important for us, to know we can activate or use these things. It’s like a safety rope, a safety rope doesn’t mean you can’t climb a mountain or walk a wire, it just means you are prepared for the fact that you may fall. Cheesy metaphor but I think it’s suitable for this time. As for humor, it is a funny flash with lots of little things to get a grin on one’s face. The little Indian, the pilgrim characters, race cars, wheelbarrows and so on. If there is one field this flash is a complete success, its humor. It must have taken plenty of effort to make even though a couple touches in interactivity area, but it was diverse and original enough to keep it from ever being boring and one sided. And in an overall perspective, great job, perfect in a couple things, and some minor flaws on others, no major problems.

Now as I’m so accustomed to do, I’ll specify my views on each of the options separately:

Graphics: 9, Drawings were simple but direct and didn’t effect the enjoyment of the film. Animation was simple but effective. Some parts more detailed than others but it all evens out it quickly, nice work.

Style: 8, If I had to define this beyond the collections of funny cartoons and holiday I would have to say it is a comic parody of thanksgiving, and that is absolutely original in my opinion.

Sound: 9, voices were clear for the most part and the conversation could be easily heard though in some piece near the end as the Indian action figure says something I didn’t quite get it first time off. Maybe to change the speed of speech would help a bit, the rest I kept with but as I mentioned before, if this movie had subtitles or a seek for a little rewind it would have been better in this form.

Violence: 1, Most violent, the “Football game”. Not for the weak ones. <_<

Interactivity: 4, Just as I nagged you before, some additions would have been welcome. Subtitles, to understand what they are saying if your speakers broke, or you want to keep it quiet for whatever reason. Helpful. Seek/Scene select would be nice if I wanted to just see once little scene of the flash one more time, even though it’s a bit short any how. Quality control. For whatever poor sap is watching with a lousy pc.

Humor: 9, The flash’s area of expertise, funny all they way, including the original flash and deleted scene. Funny conversations and demonstration in graphics. Funny idea in general and funny performance of it. Good work.

Overall: 9, An enticing piece of work wit h good animation, good drawings of characters, good comic parody style, clear and pleasant voices, not violent, needs a bit work on interactivity and buttons, funny on so many levels, and generally good. I'd declare this flash as Thanksgiving worthy.

Castle III part B Castle III part B

Far from bad, but could use a few touches.

There more than a few things to say about this submission, but I’ll start with what did bother me about this episode. I have never seen this series before and it didn’t have any comments about the pervious episodes or directions to them, one would have to traverse the series all by himself to find out why they are flying into some old empty desolate castle. There was no pause option either which made viewing a bit annoying if you actually wanted to stop. Scene select was nice but didn’t have an option to go to it during the movie. Since there are obviously enough voice actors and voices alone, I think adding a short verbal description of the series and previous episodes is well needed. I understand creating a pause option would interfere with the sounds, but it can be done if the option exists, then it should be done. Now that the criticism is out of the way, I can move on to the better parts, which thankfully there are enough to redeem this movie of the flaws it does have. Visually speaking it is very dark and gloomy and it uses the wide stick figures as characters, a simple working method of copying people. Style was very nice, not so much action or anything in this episode, actually a bit dull for one episode but you can’t make it all great. The voices were very well spoken but the Dr.’s accent was a bit off, but still acceptable. Music was nice and didn’t overshadow the voices or distract from any part of the movie. As far as interactivity I’m a bit disappointed because of the lack of seek, pause or quality control during the movie. The only thing was the scene select which can only be used in the main menu acceptable before or after viewing the movie. It needs more work in that area. Humor was absent in my opinion because even the few cracks in the beginning of the episode were just not enough, I’m not saying it has to be a comedy, but it just felt tedious. Overall it is indeed a nice episode and great series in interactivity.

Moving on to a pure way of putting stats and wasting room:

Graphics: 8, A dark environment and complete lack of desire to show any one’s face and facial features. Admirable way of doing it but making dark for too long causes some slack as far as interest goes. If I can’t see the character’s face, it’s harder to distinguish or to sympathize with. I can’t relate to a character I can hardly see. This diminishes interest. And as well as you are doing with this, more detailed work on that would attract much more people.

Style: 9, An imaginative series but as far as this episode goes, it’s short, clunky and fails to actually get to the point and create interest. Firstly, conversation is thin and uninteresting. A witty/sarcastic remark would do. A bit more action briefly, a bit more suspense in entering the alter room and so on would really help it.

Violence: 5, Nothing serious, exploding door, people with guns they don’t use, as I mentioned, dull.

Interactivity: 6, Menu had artwork extras and scene select, scene select was a bit pointless but other things like a seek or pause button during the movie would be helpful. Extras however were a nice touch, but I would like to suggest you lead them to pictures inside the actual swf rather than link it to where it was posted online. It would make things easier won’t it?

Humor: 0, 50 bucks to whoever finds a worthy joke in this episode. Now yes, not all genres of flash need humor, but yours just isn’t fascinating enough not to need it, so a wise crack would boost your image. Any silly joke that will be enough to keep our eyes on the screen. Some one vomiting off the helicopter, an indoor trap that kills in gruesome ways, anything to create a slight spark of interest.

Overall: 7, Good movie, despite what it might come off in this review, I only with to help you improve on what you lack, and right now what you lack, at least in this episode is to spark and maintain interest.